Pages

The best is yet to come!

I have thoroughly enjoyed each stage of my life, but I've got to say that these mid-life years are really, really nice. Thanks for stopping by to check on this Austin Nana. I like the real thing, though, so come on! Drop by for a coffee date with me sometime soon.

Thursday, June 24, 2010

To Die For Blueberry Muffins

I found this recipe on Allrecipes.com. It's a great site for quick recipes. I'll just type in some ingredients I have on hand and usually this site will provide simple, quick ideas. I especially love reading the reviews before I try it out.
I had some family last weekend...one of them was a hungry, young man that likes to eat breakfast, so I whipped these up before they headed out...then I took the leftovers on a girl's trip to San Antonio's Hill Country Hyatt, (more about that later! ) I did add a few blackberries to the blueberries. YUM. This is a keeper.

1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup of sugar
1/2 t. salt
2 t. baking powder
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1/3 cup milk
1 cup of blueberries

crumb topping
2 T. soft butter
1/4 t. cinnamon
2/3 c. brown sugar
1/4 cup flour
Use fork to mix the topping ingredients together

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease muffin tins.
Combine flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Place 1/3 cup oil into measuring cup. Add egg, then enough milk to make 1 cup. Blend this in to dry ingredients. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin tins and sprinkle topping lightly on top. (You may have extra topping leftover). Bake 20-25 minutes.


3 comments:

  1. those look really yummy, what do i have to do to snag one of those?

    ReplyDelete
  2. and yay! thank you for taking word verification off your comments! so much easier now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM, these look good too! A new recipe to try! I think I have blueberries! Looking forward to trying this one too!
    You trip sounded like fun!
    Off to the kitchen~
    ~A

    ReplyDelete