Pages

The best is yet to come!

I have thoroughly enjoyed each stage of my life, but I've got to say that these mid-life years are really, really nice. Thanks for stopping by to check on this Austin Nana. I like the real thing, though, so come on! Drop by for a coffee date with me sometime soon.

Monday, May 14, 2012

Sam's Asian Chopped Salad

I'm one of those people that can eat the very same thing over and over again. 
Breakfast: coffee with cream (2 cups sipped very slowly on a really great morning, 1 1/2 cups inhaled on a morning that I have to be somewhere before 9 AM)
2nd breakfast: Greek yogurt w/ a banana sliced up into it...or whatever fruit I have on hand...usually about 9:30 on those good mornings
early lunch: peanut butter sandwich with agave syrup and a few sun chips...about 11:15..maybe an apple or a few baby carrots
late lunch: more greek yogurt or maybe another peanut butter foldover... about 2 pm ...maybe a cup of coffee, too
dinner: this is where it changes up a bit. I eat just about anything, but none of the things mentioned above. I am really not 'into' food. I have a brother that gets excited like it's Christmas eve when he tells me about his latest sauce concoction or soup recipe. I dunno. I just don't 'get it'. 

So, if I find a very easy meal that could be lunch or dinner, is good just out of the bag, OR cooked. WELL, gotta share. 
RUN to Sam's and get this little bag of goodness. It's only about $2.50. Hurry. You know Sam's only carries the stuff you REALLY like for about 2 or 3 months. The check out guy even confirmed that he loved this salad, but didn't see it being on the shelves much longer. I could have cried. Yes, it's that good. Try it cold. Try it stir fried with some grilled meat. JUST try it! It's mostly cabbage, no lettuce. The sauce and combination of cilantro mixed into the salad mix is amazing. I'm having it for lunch today.



No comments:

Post a Comment