I just got back from a belated Mother's Day with my own sweet Mom. This is the front of their new home in The Woodlands. Isn't it pretty? It has 4 bedrooms, a study for Dad, a hobby room for Mom (opposite ends of the house, isn't that clever?), a media room, a game area, a family room, a nice kitchen, a wine room, formal areas, a butler's pantry and it just goes on and on. Very nice. I'm just sharing a few of the 47 pix I took to share with just a few close friends and family. This is my Dad, hard at work. :) He's a Chemical Engineering Consultant.
This is Mom in her 'great room'... She really spends most of her time in her really cool hobby room, working on photo books, stamp collections and recipe collections and keeping in touch with emails. :) While I was there, though, we spent our time in Old Town Spring and The Market in The Woodlands. I don't think we bought a thing, did we, Mom? Now, after I had been there a few hours, Mom made a startling confession. She was going to replace the pix on the mantle sometime soon. Truthfully, I hadn't even paid attention to what she had up there. BUT, then I took a closer look.

Well, what do you think? Or, rather, WHO do you think...graced her mantle...in her GREAT room?
Yes, Mom and Dad have 4 kids and umpteen grandkids and 2 great grandchildren, but guess who's pix is on the mantle? Surprise! Her baby, Dean. But, Mom assured me, they are going to put a nice piece of artwork up there as soon as they find it.
Thanks, Mom and Dad, I really did have fun staying in your new home! And Mom, you are the BEST.
hahahaha. i can't believe they have those old pictures of dean on the mantel, of course! the place looks huge! and very nice.
ReplyDeleteI know! I need to make sure Dean sees my blog.
ReplyDeletethat is one classy dude. I like the serious face...
ReplyDeletegoodl looking guy.
ReplyDeletegranbubba always use to say that picture looked like someone stole my lunch money. ha.